Each year, the CBHDA Governing Board – acting on preliminary recommendations from the CBHDA Legislative Committee – identifies major public policy issues that the Association should be focusing on, and develops a platform that will guide the association’s advocacy efforts in the coming year. The following links will provide you with information about CBHDA’s legislative and public policy priorities.
CBHDA Sponsored Bills 2017-2018
- CBHDA Legislative Proposals for 2017
- AB 395 (Bocanegra) Substance abuse treatment providers
- AB 727 (Nazarian) Mental Health Services Act: housing assistance
- AB 1372 (Levine) Crisis stabilization units: psychiatric patients
- SB 688 (Moorlach) Mental Health Services Fund: research and evaluation
Legislative Bill Tracking
CBHDA tracks and monitors legislative activity through a web interface that allows us to receive up-to-date information on state legislation. Our legislative bill matrix is linked to this service, which will allow you to view the most recent activity on those bills we are tracking.
- CBHDA Legislative Bill Matrix To read CBHDA letters on bills click on the bill number in the matrix. (Link)
- California State Association of Counties (CSAC) Legislative Tracking (Link)
- To find out which Legislators represent you and your community, visit www.leginfo.ca.gov/yourleg.html and enter your zip code.
- Senate Budget Committee Members (Link)
- Assembly Budget Committee Members (Link)
- Official California Legislative Information: Bill Information (Link)
- Official California Legislative Information: Code of Regulations (Link)
- (CA State Senate) Legislative Process (Link)
- (California Budget Project) Dollars & Democracy: A Guide to the State Budget Process (Link)
For More Information
- Kirsten Barlow, MSW – Executive Director
Contact for current legislation, state budget issues, and association matters.
- Mary Adèr, MPP, MPH – Deputy Director, Legislative Affairs
- Thomas Renfree – Deputy Director, Substance Use Disorders
Contact for state legislation and substance use disorders issues.